I love comfort food. I love rich sauces that simmer all day over pasta, baked potatoes, or on top of zucchini noodles for a healthier alternative. This slow cooker meat sauce is so flavorful. The meat, onions, garlic, tomatoes, and herbs will have your house smelling divine in no time. It is one of our favorite dinners in our house and I like to serve it with a caesar salad, steamed veggies and garlic bread. On busy days I throw all of the ingredients in the insert, cover it, and place it in the fridge the night before. In the morning I just take it out of the fridge and set it on low to simmer all day while I ‘m gone. Super easy and super yummy.
1 lb. ground turkey
1 med. yellow onion, finely chopped
5 garlic cloves minced
1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1 14.5 oz can tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
2 tbs. Italian seasoning herbs
1 bay leaf
1 tbs. granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
- Cook ground turkey, onion, garlic and 1/2 tsp salt over med. high heat until meat is no longer pink.
2. Add to slow cooker.
5. Mix well, cover, and set on low for 7-9 hours or on high for 3-5 hours.
6. Serve over pasta and top with fresh basil.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 med. yellow onion, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbs. Italian seasoning herbs
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbs. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1.Cook ground turkey, onion, garlic, and 1/2 tsp. salt over medium high heat until meat is no longer pink.
- 2. Add to slow cooker.
- 3. Add in remaining ingredients.
- 4. Mix well, cover, and set on low for 7-9 hours or on high for 3-5 hours.
- 5. Serve on top of your favorite pasta and top with fresh basil.